BOO on the BRICKS 2022
Downtown Wills Point, Texas
October 29, 2022 – 10am to 4pm
We have so much fun at this annual chamber event, it’s scary. Always held on the last Saturday in October, this fun-filled event brings families to the bricks for Trunk or Treating with the local businesses, entertainment and more.We are SUPER EXCITED that you have chosen to be a part of this signature BOO CELEBRATION!
This event is heavily geared towards children & families. Be sure to keep that in mind as you make plans. KNOW YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE when making plans to participate! The overall event includes the Harvest Health Fair; Trick-or-Treat through the entire Downtown, Vendor Area, Health Fair Area and Chili Luncheon Area; Kid’s Costume Contest; Pet Costume Contest; Trunk-or-Treat & the Kid’s Zone Inflatables!
Terms and Conditions of Contract for Exhibitors at BOO on the Bricks 2022
BENEFIT OF BECOMING A VENDOR:
HEAVY SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING – Vendors participating in the BOO ON THE BRICKS will benefit from social media marketing for the show via Facebook posts and samples of products (must be provided by vendor) teasing the show.
RECURRING EVENT – BOO ON THE BRICKS is an annual event that has taken place the Saturday before Halloween for many years. It is a regional event with multiple venues (listed above), all of which have individual marketing strategies that encompass BOO on the Bricks.
AMAZING VENDORS – Each vendor is invited to complete an application and is selected based on a panel to ensure that the products being peddled are in line with the event theme and support the overall aesthetic of the event.
1. ALLOWED MERCHANDISE
ARTS/CRAFTS VENDORS ALLOWED ITEMS INCLUDE: Handmade, antique and vintage items, repurposed items and furniture (especially children’s furniture), toys of all kinds. Items sold in Exhibitor’s spaces must be legal, hand-made, antique, vintage, or high quality items. No garage/rummage sale merchandise will be allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS. THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE reserves the right to remove any item/s that do not comply with these guidelines.
CONCESSION VENDORS ALLOWED INCLUDE: Cotton candy, snow cones, ice cream, etc. We have VERY LIMITED ELECTRICAL CAPABILITY so concession vendors are limited.
Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE and THE CITY OF WILLS POINT principles, agents, officers and employees from all claims, losses, costs, damages or expenses resulting or arising from any and all injuries to or death of any person or damage to any property caused by an act, omission or neglect of Exhibitor’s agents, employees, invitees, contractors, or guests which occur in or about the exhibit space. Exhibitor agrees to use and occupy the Exhibit Space at Exhibitor’s own risk, and hereby releases THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE and THE CITY OF WILLS POINT their agents, officers, employees and invitees from all claims for any damage, loss or injury to persons or property to the full extent permitted by law occurring in or about the Exhibit Space, including, but not limited to damages, resulting from the acts of other Exhibitors, theft, vandalism, fire, weather and other casualty damage or damage arising from any defects in the premises.
3. SPACE ASSIGNMENTS
All vendor spaces will be on High Street between 4th & 5th Street. We will accepts requests for specific spaces but final arrangement is at the discretion of the WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE assigned on a first come basis. Wills Point Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to rearrange, relocate, or ASSIGN any exhibit if it appears for the general good of all exhibits.
4. INSTALLATION OF EXHIBITS
- Exhibitors’ exhibit shall be constructed, decorated, and maintained in a professional manner.
- Exhibitors will endeavor to have their booth set up and open for business no later than 9:45am.
- Exhibitor must not obstruct the view of an exhibit in an adjoining Exhibitor’s space.
- Vendor vehicles will not be allowed in the vendor space. Trailers will not be allowed in the vendor space unless it is a part of the Exhibitor’s set up.
- Any type of trailer (i.e. glamper) ARE WELCOME with prior arrangements made and must be in place before 8am.
5. EXHIBITION HOURS
- Exhibitor shall maintain a responsible individual in the exhibit space at all times during the exhibition hours. (Event coordinator can be available for restroom breaks if necessary!)
- Exhibitor shall not dismantle, remove or begin to pack their exhibit prior to the end of the show (4pm on Saturday) and may not pull vehicles into exhibit space prior to the end of the show (4pm on Saturday) with the intention of loading early.
- Exhibitor shall be responsible for the conduct of any employees, agents, visitors or guest of the exhibitor in or about the exhibit space. Exhibitor shall cause all such employees, agents, visitors or guests of exhibitor to be familiar with all rules governing exhibitors.
- Show Hours: Saturday 10am to 4pm.
- The entire Exhibitor’s property must be removed from the premise within 2 hours after the close of the show, unless approved by THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
- Exhibitors shall be responsible for the supervision, control and maintenance of the Exhibit Space during the entire terms for which the Exhibit Space is reserved or used by Exhibitor.
- All sales taxes, income taxes, FICA or other withholding taxes arising out of or in connection with Exhibitor’s use of the exhibit space are the sole responsibility of the exhibitor in compliance with Texas Law. According to state and federal law, vendors must have on hand a current and valid SALES TAX CERTIFICATE and must collect and report sales tax generated at the event. Certificates may be obtained at http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxpermit/
7. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
- Exhibitor, his agents, employees, or assigns shall comply with all rules regulations and requirements of the Fire Marshal, Health Department of the City of Wills Point, Texas, or any governmental entity having jurisdiction over the premises.
- Exhibitor may be required at THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE’S sole discretion to immediately cease its operations and vacate the Exhibit Space if Exhibitor’s operation there, or the conduct of its agents, employees, or assigns should be found to be in violation of any such lawful requirements.
8. USE OF EXHIBIT SPACE
- ALL EXHIBITORS are required to participate in the spirit of the event by having trick-or-treat candy for the kiddo’s or a game of some kind.
- No sound systems, musical instruments, noisemakers, loudspeakers, microphones or other sound amplification or broadcasting devices of any kind may be used unless exhibit space is assigned for that purpose.
- No demonstrations, trophies, decorations, portals, fountains, signs, banners, advertising matter or exhibits of any kind or character will be allowed in the aisles or public passageways or attached to the building, posts or doors unless approved by the show organizer in advance.
- General distribution of brochures, pamphlets, leaflets, flyers, newspapers, magazines or other literature or promotional materials of any kind or character must be pre-approved by the show organizer and then may be made available within the Exhibit Space ONLY.
- Exhibitor agrees not to use the Exhibit Space for any political purposes.
- Solicitation of funds for any political, educational or charitable corporation or association or any other corporations associations, group, individual or cause of any kind of character is strictly prohibited unless approved by the show organizer.
- Exhibitor AGREES NOT TO PLACE ANY ITEM OR MERCHANDISE OUTSIDE OF THE DESIGNATED BOOTH AREA.
- THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, at its discretion, reserves the right to assign Exhibitors to the most appropriate space available, and to make changes in location as deemed necessary.
- In all cases exhibitors wishing to insure their goods must do so at their own expense.
- NO WHOLESALE PRICING. RETAIL ONLY.
- Consent is hereby given for any likeness of your exhibit to be used for any and all promotions for the THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
We have to repeat this one because it is incredibly important!
***YOU MAY NOT BEGIN PACKING YOUR BOOTH BEFORE 4pm ON SATURDAY AND YOU MAY NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE INTO THE SALES AREA BEFORE 4pm UNLESS YOU HAVE PERMISSION FROM THE SHOW ORGANIZER. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE!
9. REMOVAL OF EXHIBITS BY THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE reserves the right to prohibit any exhibit (i) which, in THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE’S reasonable judgment, may detract from the general character of the show; (ii) if the business or exhibition carried on by the Exhibitor or the manner of conducting the same is not as represented at the time of making this Contract or is not in keeping with the traditions or character of the show; (iii) if the exhibit was entered under false pretenses; or (iv) if the exhibit is in violation of any of these Rules Governing Exhibitors. If an exhibit is prohibited under the terms of this paragraph or because of a violation of any of the terms hereof, THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE shall have the right, but no obligation, to remove the exhibit or any banner, advertising matter or other property of the Exhibitor situated within or about the Exhibit Space; but such removal shall in any event be at the cost and expense of Exhibitor, and Exhibitors shall immediately reimburse THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE for any cost or expense THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE incurred in so removing Exhibitor’s exhibit or portion thereof.
10. SAFETY RULES
Exhibitors shall take all necessary precautions for the safety of their person(s), other exhibitors and all other persons upon the premises and shall comply with all applicable provisions of federal, state, and municipal safety laws, building codes and ordinances to prevent accidents or injury.
11. THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE reserves the right to change venue locations, adjust days, adjust hours (add or take away) for event enhancement and betterment of the event.
12. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
NEW EXHIBITORS: Completed application (found at www.willspointchamber.com, on the facebook event page or in person at the Wills Point Chamber of Commerce) and a complete and accurate description of merchandise along with 2 photos are required and subject to approval. Exhibitors can pay with credit card, check or money order and payment must be postmarked 14 days prior to the show to avoid a $10 late fee. Spaces will not be guaranteed until the exhibitor’s check has cleared.
13. SHOW CANCELLATION:
In the event that BOO 2022 is cancelled due to weather or disaster, money paid to the show is not refundable. If the Governor or Van Zandt County Judge issues a stay-at-home mandate on or before October 17th, a refund will be issued. In the event that a stay-at-home mandate is issued after October 17th, you will receive credit to use towards a future program or event.
- Each Exhibitor is responsible for providing their own tent/s, table/s, and chair/s. THE WILLS POINT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE will not provide these.
- Vendor parking will be on north end of the 5th Street block between James & High Streets to allow for customer parking closest to the venue.
Tent rental information:
Please go to www.willspointchamber.com, go to the calendar of events, and click on the BOO on the Bricks event to download a vendor registration form.
Wills Point Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 178, Wills Point, Texas 75169 E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 903-873-3111
Follow Wills Point Chamber of Commerce page and the BOO on the Bricks event page on Facebook
KEEP THE ABOVE DOCUMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS/REFERENCE.
15. BOOTH COST:
Approximately 12’ wide x 12’ deep space: $40 each or $70/double
Payment methods accepted: Cash – Check – Money order – Debit or Credit Card, (be sure billing for the card matches the address on the form or provide the additional address).
Check out our facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/530807107058741/
BOO ON THE BRICKS VENDOR APPLICATION: